CommonBond Communities is searching for a Director of Human Resources to join its leadership team. The ideal candidate will serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the organization. They will assist with developing roadmaps for all employee-related initiatives. This role is a great opportunity to join an existing, motivated, high-performing team with lots of ideas and institutional knowledge and to build it into a cohesive department.
We’re looking for an inclusive leader who thinks creatively, values emotional intelligence, and strives for opportunities of improvement for themselves and others. This role will report to our Executive Vice President of Talent, Equity and Culture.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible and accountable for performing at a high-level in the following areas:
Strategic Business Partnership
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals. Identifies ways to support this mission through talent management, development and acquisition.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions. Assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
Human Resources Management
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team. Assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Leads, plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates talent acquisition strategies ensuring alignment with business strategy.
- Partners with, influences, and serves as a subject matter expert resource to advise business leaders and HR business partners on talent acquisition strategies, plans, and practices to ensure achievement of overall business objectives.
- Develops talent sourcing strategies, execution plans and programs to effectively identify internal and external talent pipelines for roles across the organization
- Gives proficient consultation on all phases of talent management such as succession planning, performance evaluation, talent pipelines, and selection processes.
- Designs and develops innovative and high affective talent management programs and processes to improve the depth and diversity of emerging talent.
- Works with leaders to assess development needs and to design programs to enhance employee performance
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements. Manages all employee relations functions including FMLA, EEOC, STD, LTD and unemployment claims.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Must be proactive in all investigations and training of employee relations to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related field or equivalent combination of education and 7-10 years of professional experience.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience as a human resources manager or senior level human resources.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of talent management, learning & development, and employee relations
- Must have the ability to evaluate and direct complex situations that foster innovative approaches to procedures/processes on an organizational-wide basis focusing on critical strategic issues
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to persuade or influence internal and external customers on a wide range of subjects. Must have the ability to build relationships and garnering support from others.
- Must possess excellent project management skills including the ability to define, prioritize and direct program, project or process objectives
- Must have the ability to identify customers/stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, and to coordinate and allocate resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives in an effective and timely manner.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Along with meeting the career requirements and job specifications, there are some critical success factors that will enable the ideal candidate to be successful in this role. They are as follows:
- Business Acumen – the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to handle financial matters and operational responsibilities within an organization
- Growth Mindset – the ideal candidate will be able to step into a situation and create opportunities for growth leveraging existing resources and assets, with a desire for continuous improvement
- Initiative – the ideal candidate will be a self-starter and inspires and motivates others to action
The annual salary range for this role will be $100,000 to $120,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. CommonBond Communities offers excellent benefits including group health insurance, dental/vision, 401K retirement match, PTO, and more.
David Edgerton Jr. of The DEJ Group has been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
CommonBond Communities is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and that enables each person to realize their potential. CommonBond Communities’ work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and levels of physical ability.