Bridging is pleased to announce their opportunity to expand their team through multiple new roles including the Director of Finance and Business Services.
The Director of Finance and Business Services is responsible for the overall management and leadership of multiple business service functions – aligning these areas to meet overall business objectives. This role will oversee all finance activities for the organization to ensure it stays in strong financial standing. This includes overseeing budget development and ongoing monitoring, bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and providing cash flow and other key financial reports to the Executive Director and Board.
This role is also responsible for overseeing all of Bridging’s building facilities (currently two locations), security, including company grounds, buildings, maintenance and equipment to ensure that the workspace is safe and functional. This includes negotiating contracts with service providers, ensuring the facilities meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates in alignment with budget parameters.
In addition, this role will oversee office management and the IT function, including ongoing review of the relationship with the organizations’ outsourced IT provider. Provides regular updates on Bridging finances to the Board of Directors. Attends Leadership meetings, Finance Committee of the Board and potentially full Board meetings.
This full time, exempt position is primarily located out of the Bloomington office, and will report to the Executive Director.
Accounting and Financial
- Manage and monitor the financial performance of the organization including creating reports using business software (Quickbooks)
- Analyze trends and data to enable good business decisions to reduce financial risks for the organization
- Create usable budgets and financial models for the organization that others can easily use and understand
- Monitor the budget and work closely with the executive director to proactively address any areas of concern
- Ensure the existence of adequate internal controls to ensure the reliability of financial reporting and safeguarding of organization assets
- Identify and implement process improvements to continually enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of financial operations
- Oversee department to ensure grounds and facilities are properly maintained
- Manage building and equipment leases, looking for opportunities for improvement and savings
- Oversee the leases of and maintenance of the organization’s fleet of trucks fleet; focused on safety and continuity of service
- Primary staff contact for all technology set-up and troubleshooting
- Primary contact for outsourced IT services
- Regularly review contract and service provided for efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for organization wide purchasing process and contracts including all supply ordering
- Oversee front office volunteers
- Responsible for the maintenance of front office equipment including phone system
- Manage, evaluate and develop direct reports
- Provide leadership in developing the organization’s short term and long range financial plans with the Executive Director
- Work across functional areas and with colleagues to maintain strong organizational culture
- Act as a role model for leadership in the organization
- Participate in leadership and staff meetings
- Accountant (contract)
- Facilities Manager
What You Bring
- Passion for the mission of Bridging and its important work
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance-related area required with 7+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting, preferably in nonprofit environment
- 5+ years experience in leadership position
- Strong cultural competencies in working with diverse populations
- Ability to design, implement and document business processes to be used by the entire organization
- Strong ability to clearly communicate financial information to various audiences
- Computer/software skills in Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks, preferred
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze data, recognize trends and communicate solutions
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Along with meeting the experience requirements and opportunity specifications, the ideal candidate must possess several critical success factors. They are as follows:
- Collaborative: Work cooperatively with others across the organization. Inform and collaborate with colleagues on matters affecting them. Sensitive and supportive of team members’ workloads and flexible in working toward win-win solutions.
- Communication: Represents Bridging in a positive and professional manner. Treats others with respect and dignity, and is sensitive to others’ needs and concerns. Responds in a caring and diplomatic manner.
- Cultural Competence/DEI Leadership: Enter intercultural relationships with humility, prepared to listen, learn, follow their lead, and adapt our methods and practices to achieve mutual benefit. Create a diverse, equitable, and inclusion environment based on respect, trust, and service.
- Customer Focused: Prioritize the experience and needs of all constituents.
- Driven Leader: Committed to quality work; continuously looking for ways to improve own work and the work of the organization. Efficient time manager and ability to prioritize workloads. Strong organizational and decision-making ability. Comfortable in an up-tempo, fast-paced work environment.
- Financial Acumen: Understands the environment, identifies trends, and enables the organization to make good business decisions.
- Mission Aligned: Passionate about empowering people pursuing housing stability to thrive in their homes.
- Personal Responsibility: Demonstrates leadership and accountability for own actions; including meeting multiple deadlines. Committed to ongoing personal development. Acts with integrity, maintains confidentiality.
- Team Management: Promote a positive work environment through on-site availability, regular communication and staff meetings. Manage the performance of staff, and motivate and develop your team. Maintain a positive rapport with others to achieve annual goals.
The annual salary range for this role will be $80,000 to $95,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition, Bridging offers benefits including PTO, medical, dental, VTO, long/short disability, 401k match, life insurance, and professional development funds.
Julie Laven of The DEJ Group has been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Bridging is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity; and we encourage qualified applicants of all racial, ethnic, LGBTQ+ identities and other groups to apply. We believe that creating an inclusive environment based on respect, trust and service are integral to how we serve our clients, support our team and achieve our mission.