Bridging is searching for a Development Coordinator to join its team. The ideal candidate will serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the organization.
The development coordinator will be responsible and accountable for performing at a high-level in the following areas:
- Assume a lead role in planning and executing all fundraising events, including the annual gala and other major events.
- Manage event logistical details, serving as the point of contact for vendors (i.e. catering, venue, printing), supporters and sponsors, volunteers, tables captains, and attendees
- Create event communications such as save the dates, invitations, e-blasts, programs, and other marketing materials with professionals as needed
- Work with speakers to develop event programs and run of shows
- Record and track event data and constituent information, including budget information, registration lists, and results
- Coordinate other seasonal or special events such as capitalizing on arising fundraising opportunities, driving cause marketing campaigns, and overseeing donor and volunteer appreciation/cultivation events
INDIVIDUAL GIVING – DONOR SUPPORT
- Collaborate with the Development Manager on updating and monitoring the annual development calendar to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual donors
- Monitor and ensure the appropriate follow up occurs with donors and supporters
- Process donations, generate and track tax-receipts and acknowledgement letters
- Contribute to Bridging communications, drafting content for supporters and donors
- Arrange logistics for individual solicitations for appeals to donors
- Design and develop sponsor collateral as needed
- Fulfill sponsorship recognition and benefits, including communications such as social media and press releases, collateral like signage and t-shirts, website updates, etc.
- Complete matching gift forms and protocols
- Assist with program event logistics as requested, including activities such as photography, volunteer management, or communications activities
- Assist with interviews and communications related to sponsor and volunteer marketing and acknowledgement efforts
- Manages data entry and development of our donor database, email distribution software and website
- Schedule and attend Development Committee meetings
- Attend executive committee meetings and board meetings as required
- Understanding of and belief in the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, soliciting for donations, and/or planning major events
- Good sense of accountability, strong dependability, and impeccable integrity
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
- A quintessential team player with a willingness to support colleagues outside of one’s primary responsibilities
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware, including the ability to both ask for/receive and offer assistance or leadership when and where needed
- Open to and appreciative of feedback, responsive to direction and coaching
- Capable communicator with an astute eye for written and visual communication
- Enthusiastic self-starter operating with sustained energy and showing great initiative
- Comfort working with a diverse base of support and stakeholders, including homeowners, community leaders, volunteers, donors, other nonprofit organizations, agencies, and corporate partners
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (exp
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Along with meeting the career requirements and job specifications, there are some critical success factors that will enable the ideal candidate to be successful in this role. They are as follows:
- Business Acumen – the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to handle financial matters and operational responsibilities within an organization
- Growth Mindset – the ideal candidate will be able to step into a situation and create opportunities for growth leveraging existing resources and assets, with a desire for continuous improvement
- Initiative – the ideal candidate will be a self-starter and inspires and motivates others to action
The annual salary range for this role will be $50,000 to $60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. Bridging offers excellent benefits including group health insurance, dental/vision, 403b retirement match, PTO, and more.
David Edgerton Jr. of The DEJ Group has been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Bridging is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and that enables each person to realize their potential. Bridging’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and levels of physical ability.
ABOUT THE DEJ GROUP
The DEJ Group is a national retained executive search and recruiting firm that works to connect exceptional diverse talent with exceptional inclusive companies. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about The DEJ Group, visit thedejgroup.com.