Repowered is an industry leader in electronics recycling and refurbishing. One of the largest collectors of e-waste in the state of Minnesota, our Twin Cities-based organization has processed more than 40 million pounds of electronics—all while adhering to the highest standards of data security.
Each year the company provides thousands of employment hours and nearly a million dollars in wages, as well as practical experience for adults facing barriers to employment, preparing them to be more valuable employees with expanding futures. Many individuals have experience in the criminal legal system or are in recovery from addiction.
Repowered aspires to become the employer of choice for individuals seeking a fair chance at securing gainful employment after incarceration. The organization’s focus is on providing employment opportunities to those that come from diverse backgrounds and in most cases would be denied access to job opportunities in a competitive market.
Repowered is looking for a CEO to lead our organization to the next level. The ideal candidate will be a value-driven leader who is passionate about the mission of our organization and has the desire to help individuals with barriers to employment develop, grow, and succeed.
- Establishes beneficial partnerships and is the organization’s emissary to the community, other non-profit organizations, government entities, and at conferences.
- Works with the development department to cultivate donors and beneficial corporate relationships.
- Envisions and pilots new revenue streams through innovative programming and business offerings and partnerships.
- Provides guidance and assists in developing initiatives to raise funds and community support to execute the mission of the organization.
- Oversees the organization’s finances, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the company’s mission and goals.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Serves as the company’s representative to the board of directors, employees, trainees, customers, volunteers, and donors.
- Works with the board to build a long-term vision of how to grow the organization and broaden its social impact.
- Partners with the board of directors and other executives to establish short-term objectives, and related plans and policies to support the mission of the organization.
- Provides regular reports on the status of the company’s operations to the board of directors and to the company staff.
- Must have executive-level experience managing leaders of a nonprofit organization.
- Candidate must have the ability and the desire to be the public face of the organization and build connections with individuals and other organizations.
- This person must have outstanding business acumen, analytic skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to lead senior leaders in addressing complex business issues.
- This person must bring a strategic orientation, a growth mindset, and financial planning skills with the ability to oversee efforts to ensure strong financial controls are in place throughout the organization.
- Must have a proven track record of establishing and achieving organizational goals.
- Must have the ability to balance the various competing needs of the business with the social mission.
- Must have the ability to lead through ambiguous situations and manage change.
- Must have a commitment and expertise in building senior leadership teams through both recruitment and executive development. The incumbent must possess a “hands-on” style while still being able to delegate authority as appropriate.
- Is committed to diversity with a passion for advancing racial and gender equality within our organization and our communities.
- Has the desire and personal commitment to help the formerly incarcerated become successful and self-sufficient members of society.
- Has excellent communication skills and has the ability to communicate the organization’s vision and mission passionately to both internal and external audiences.
- Cultural fit is critically important and includes being, collaborative, open-minded, approachable, and results-oriented.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Along with meeting the professional qualifications outlined above, there are critical success factors that the candidate must have to be successful:
- Empathy – the ideal candidate believes in giving individuals a fair chance and leads from a place of compassion.
- Inclusive – the ideal candidate has significant experience working to advance systems change throughout personal and professional settings. They have confidence in their personal DEI practices and guiding principles yet remain committed to continuing their personal learning and development.
- Flexible/Adaptable – the ideal candidate will be able to handle ambiguity and change course when necessary.
- Influential – the ideal candidate is a courageous and influential leader with the desire to network, partner and build community support.
- Trustworthy – the ideal candidate will be a person of integrity and is able to develop and maintain trust at all levels of the organization.
The annual salary range for this role will be $120,000 to $135,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. Repowered offers excellent benefits including group health insurance, dental/vision, 403b retirement match, PTO, and more.
To express your interest in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected]. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.